- 3/8 yd – 1/2 yd Fabric 45” or 60” width
- 3/8 yd – 1/2 yd Lining
- Scrap piece of Fabric (optional for pocket)
- 2 large plastic or metal rings
- 14” standard (dress) zipper (cut down to make a 12” size)
- 2 Squares of fashion fabric and lining measured 16 1/4” x 10 1/4”
- 2 Rectangles of fashion fabric measured 3” x 4” for ring “tabs”
OPTIONAL: Cut one square or rectangle for pocket (size of your choice)
(5/8” seam allowance)
- Stitch zipper in top of the two 16 1/4” fashion fabric pieces.
- To sew the “tab” pieces into tube, fold lengthwise right side together – stitch 1/4” seam allowance. Turn right side out, press flat. Sew one end of tab to the top of the bag where the zipper ends. Repeat at the opposite end of zipper with other tab. Fold tab over a ring and stitch the loose end of tab (enclosing ring) on top or very close to previous tab stitches.
- Unzip the top and with right sides together sew the sides and bottom together.
- Sew pocket(s) onto right side of one lining piece. With right sides together, sew lining sides and
bottom together. Flip right side out.
- Slip lining into bag and attach the top of the lining to zipper tape.
- Fill and go!
NOTE: If using a lace or embroidered net, you will need an underlining in addition to the other materials listed.