YOU WILL NEED:
• 1/2 yard of 44" to 60" wide faux fur fabric
• 1 yard of 1/4" wide elastic
• Tip: Faux furs have a definite direction, be sure to mark the top of
each boot cover with a small piece of tape on the wrong side of
the fabric. This will insure the fur is going the same direction on
each leg warmer, which should be down.
• Cut 2 pieces of faux fur.
Note: Bottom cuff is an inch shorter than the top.
Use a ruler to mark the cutting line.
• Measurements are for finished leg warmers:
14 1/2” high and 16” in circumference.
Add or subtract length or width to the original measurements
to fit you.
1. Fold leg warmer in half with RIGHT sides together, forming a tube.
Stitch long edge, 1/2" seam.
2. Turn down fur edge 1" at top of leg warmer, forming a casing.
Stitch in place, leaving 1 1/2” opening near back seam.
4. Cut two lengths of elastic, each measuring 14" long.
note: Add or subtract length as needed to fit your leg
5. Thread elastic through each leg warmer casing.
Stitch the two ends of elastic together,
hand stitch casing opening closed.
6. Turn bottom edge to inside 1” and stitch.
Tip: For an extra-fun finish, add buttons, cording or embellishments to your new leg warmers.
Click here for printable instructions.